Sunday, August 7, 2016

Want to know who will win the Championship, here you go.

It is August, and that is the official kickoff of college football poll season. If you follow college football on any internet site that tracks your tendencies, and they all do, I am sure, and you look at college football stuff your feed will be filled with polls and predictions, and the opinions of experts. All of whom sound as though they could not be wrong.

It is the ultimate pregame show. Fall camp has not even started officially, and people are convinced they know who will win the championship.

Myself, I am not so sure. But, I am willing to make a bold prediction. Nebraska will go undefeated and win the national championship in convincing fashion.  Quarterback Tommy Armstrong will win the Heisman Trophy, and I will start 2017 happy as possible.

Here is my reasoning, they are still undefeated. Nobody has won any more games this season than the Cornhuskers. They have players, a lot of players, who are willing to 110 % and in certain situations might be willing to give 111 to 113 %. Plus, they are willing to take the season one game at a time. Which, if you read and listen to as many interviews as I you would understand how crucial that is to success. Plus, if you play all your games at once it could be very difficult, and confusing.

So, there are many good reasons for my bold forecast. And if you want to accuse me of drinking the "koolaid" well that is ok too. I am excited for the season, I am a fan and I am willing to swim in the illusion. Some team is going to win the championship, and if you don't feel that good about your team you have my sympathy. Don't despair there is still room on the NU bandwagon and I could save you a seat, and a glass of "Kool Aid."
That's how I roll.