Monday, April 20, 2015

The Legend of Timothy Tebow Rides Again!

Well now that the Philadelphia Eagles have taken a chance on Tim Tebow, I figure that is as good a reason to write a Sports Whacko blog as anything. I mean there are going to be people saying it is a publicity stunt, others will say the team is desperate and of course there is the growing chorus of people that say Chip Kelly is out of his mind, but I think everyone misses the point here. Chip Kelly is one of the few coaches in all of football, who doesn’t give a crap about what anyone else thinks. He’s not in this for publicity, he will have a job if he gets fired in Philadelphia, and I personally have been a fan of the man since he was a coach at the University of New Hampshire. He’s one of the few coaches I have ever seen take the attitude of “I am going to run the team my way, and go screw yourself if you don’t like it.”

Of course this means that the man does think outside the box so I would be remiss if I didn’t point out the most obvious reason he brought in Tim Tebow. He may be the only man that has ever touched a football that has enough faith in God that he can probably stay on the sideline all game praying that Sam Bradford doesn’t get hurt. You may think this is crazy, but again Chip Kelly knows what he is doing, and when he picked up Sam Bradford everyone thought he was crazy. Tim Tebow would be as likely of an insurance policy to keep the amazingly fragile Sam Bradford upright for an entire season. Sure he could probably go out there for a gimmick play now and then, but it might be unwise as it will take every ounce of his effort communicating with the big guy upstairs to keep Sam Bradford alive, much less uninjured, with that Philadelphia line in front of him.


So if you are a Philadelphia fan, you should be elated that Chip Kelly will obviously do ANYTHING to bring a championship home. You all know what it is like to be a fan of the Filthydelphia Smeagles (the lords of NO rings) or at least you should by now. I may be one of the few people that think Tim Tebow won’t rub off on the fans of the city in general, but maybe, just maybe, if he manages to stay on the team after the pre season, I will at the very least stop trashing them like I enjoy doing throughout the year. Nah I couldn’t even type that with a straight face and now I have to wipe all the coffee I was trying to drink off the monitor.